Σάββατο 29 Αυγούστου 2009

Berlin August 2009




A lot of things have happened since the last time I wrote to this blog and I feel quite unable to describe them with words right now. I enjoy a really intense and nice life this period as I prepare myself emotionally and practically for my moving out of my hometown. I have done this before, in March 2007 where I was in Vienna as an Erasmus student, but only for 4 months.Well, enough with emotional crap, let´s talk about Stockholm Berlin 2009.
The truth is, I don´t remember what we did every day in our trip or the beautiful buildings in Stockholm. I kept merely my impressions, thoughts and feelings in particular scenes in our trip and here it goes..

BERLIN. I remember getting of the plane and taking the train to Stadt Mitte (Centr of the City) and the Metro to our Hostel. It was already dark when we arrived there and some very friendly german guys informed us that the hostel was in an underground area and that we should take care of our stuff during night. They also suggested some alternative streets to visit and some techno clubs but we had only half the next day to explore Berlin. Next morning at 11 we were in Bradenburg Gate and had an free tour. There is some group of guides around Europe that work on tip basis - you give a tip to the guide at the end of the tour if you liked it - and this seemed to work very well both for us and the guides! During our tour we saw a lot of monuments and memorials. I don't have to say much about the monuments, because I don't remember exactly what our guide said and because, you are not here to learn history from me, huh? :P School and books are better resources of knowledge, so please enjoy our photos from BERLIN!

Jews Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe.
This was my favourite memorial and I recognised the fact that the memorial occupies a huge square as a brave gesture of german "Volk" towards Jews.
A architecture and art masterpiece.
It also reminds me of the dutch painter Escher.
It's a must-see in Berlin.


GDR-era mural of Meissen porcelain on former Council of Ministers building,
facing Leipziger Straße

The Wall

Graffiti on the Wall
and ...
I just couldn't resist!

2 reactions:

The Negative Girl είπε...

I envy you sweets :**

Ανώνυμος είπε...

I'm really glad you've enjoyed Berlin.

Δημοσίευση σχολίου