Τετάρτη 3 Μαρτίου 2010

bright day

YESTERDAY,  we slept first time in our apartment the two housemates, me and B. I will call her Beanny, to protect her anonymity.:) It was really nice. She cooked rice in an indian way : she sauted  cumin with bay leaves and onion and it smelled like roasted meat! Then she added the rice and green peas and tomatos and potatoes cut in pieces and after 20 minutes we ate. It was really yummy!
MY housemate is vegetarian, that's so cool. I am trying to be one too.OR at least a flexitarian. That is, you eat meat only when you really really want it or you feel you need it :) I want to become a vegetarian not because I want to mimic my housemate but for a number of reasons.
1.they say it's healthier. Mediterrenean diet is also not based on meat (especially on red meat).
2. it's good for the environment. If you see cows as machines, during all their lives, they burn tonnes of cereal and green stuff and water to produce milk and only some dozens kilos of meat per animal and also some artifacts, e.g. sheet, methane.That's not efficient in terms of energy, water and natural resources in general. (Plus, methane is partly responsible for ozon hole!)
 Moreover, I am buying mainly organic stuff from the supermarket. It's a little more expensive but now I am used to it. Again for the same reasons :
1.they say it's healthier.
2. it's good for the environment.organic stuff keep part of the earth clean from pesticides and other nasty chemicals.
 
                                                        goodnight sweetie...:)

0 reactions:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου