Τρίτη 28 Ιουλίου 2009

It's time to leave baby

My life is lately on the rush. I am working long hours, even on weekends, I am leaving on Saturday for holidays on the amazingly beautiful island of Skopelos (my father's birthplace) for five days, then Berlin for one day, Stockholm for four days and Berlin again for one day, then back to Thessaloniki and then Halkidiki to the student camp-that-is-almost-for-free!
That was vacation. End of September I am leaving for My Master, oh yes! Such a big change in my life. Leaving behind everything I love and treasure such as my sister, my friends, my family, my life, my house,my clothes :P. I am going to the Netherlands, Eindhoven. I really like the subject of my master - I don't want to reveal now more about it, the only I can say is that it is considered a Professional Doctorate in the Netherlands, it last two years and it takes place in Eindhoven. I am really excited, but sad that I have to leave all I love behind. And my deepest fear is maybe that when I come backmany things may have changed...I would have spent two years of myself there, being out of my favorite people lives, talking with them on the phone and missing them..
But still on the other hand, I want to go. Because I believe that this particular Master is going to open for me new paths to explore and widen my career options.And since this choice seems to bring me closer to what I want to do professionally in my life, I feel that I want to go. As I say to my profile, I crave for hapiness. Of course, that might seem obvious, everybody does. But I have set it as a purpose in my life. So, I was thinking that work is about 8 hours a day (a normal work on a normal day). Plus 1,5 hours to go and come back from work and prepare for work (that is the minimum amount I could thought of. I need much more for the time being). That is about 60% of your time. Then you have another 40% to eat, drink, bath, put some clothes on and see friends or your kids or the ceiling if you are bored. But leaving out all the necessary things, only 20% of your day can be used for fulfilling my inner need to feel complete, happy and self-conscious. That's too little. I don't have the time to stare at the ceiling any more as I am always on the rush seeing friends in my 20%. And I miss a lot of things I don't have time to do. Being crafty and creative for example. Or meet new people or go dancing! SO, that's why I am going to the Netherlands!To advance this 60% of my daily routine in the future!What do you think?
And if you have any idea about how is life up there, in Eindhoven,Netherlands, don't hesitate to leave a comment!

0 reactions:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου