Τρίτη 21 Ιουλίου 2009

Plastic Bags r.i.p

I woke up today at 9pm. I got dressed and rush to the bus station because I had to meet a friend to arrange some insurance stuff! Actually we needed the European health card because we are travelling abroad in a couple of weeks.In our way, we found a bakery and bought something to eat. I usually try not to eat out. But most of the times I can't resist to a nicely baked croissant! Bakeries and morning are my favourite place and time to eat out .:) So I got my croissant and a juice and in 10 minutes I was done.
And then I saw the plastic bag carrying the juice and the croissant, the plastic bottle of the juice, and the little sachet containg the croissant. And I thought that I should throw away all these stuff, that were made in a factory and waited patiently long time on the shelf of this bakery to be used for their 10 minutes of publicity and then thrown away!Energy that spent for the 10 minutes of my devour!
I think that there is no creature on this planet that has only ten minutes of life!I have once heard about an insect that is born,breed and die in one day. And maybe there are also some bacterias with life expectancy a couple of hours. That happens because Nature is wise. An amount of energy is spent for every new creature, to be born, grow up and fulfill its purpose. Each creature on earth has a Purpose. Darwin says this purpose is to breed well and protect your offsprings.And then the creature dies and becomes one with the earth, soil.
People on the other hand, are dump. We create things without being able to manage their disposal. These things usually take a hundert or more years to become one with the earth. During their production, nature is destroyed and life cycles are disturbed. We call them trash when we don't need them anymore even before they lose their attributes and their usability. We show absolutely no respect for things if they are old-fashioned or not technologically updated. The volume of the trash increases constantly, poisons water and ecosystems and threatens even human life.
But yes, I know, we can always recycle.:) Recycling helps our creations to have a second life (most of the times in a lower caste) by spending some more energy on them. That's a solution. The problem is first, that in Greece we think that this solution is optional. Second, we need to pay a second thought before kill something that can be used a second and a third time. Like the plastic bag that contained the little sachet with my croissant and the juice bottle. I will carry it back home but I'm afraid that there will be one last use for it ; to carry the trash to the trash bin.:(

1 reactions:

konstantina είπε...

:( We really like to pack the things we buy several and several times and afterwards all of the paper or cartons are thrown away. What's the point? I think you 've spotted a harmful habbit we all have and noone ever notices.

Δημοσίευση σχολίου